Part Time College Athletic Trainer
Massachusetts Institute of Technology is seeking a highly motivated individual grounded in evidence-based practice and patient centered care for a part time position for the remainder of 2021-2022 academic year.
We are looking for an Athletic Trainer to provide clinic coverage during the week between 10-20 hours with the opportunity for weekend event coverage whenever available. The weekday time commitment would be from 3pm to 8pm, with expanded hours during sport crossover time (October-November & February-March). The hourly rate would be $37- $40 per hour based upon experience. We are hoping to fill the position as soon as possible.
A strong candidate should have excellent communications skills (written and oral) with a positive disposition, along with strong time management and organizational skills. Some experience with contact sports is preferred. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting the athletic training staff in providing patient care to over 800 student-athletes across 33 intercollegiate athletic teams
· Home event coverage
· Collaboration with professional staff to prepare and oversee day-to-day operations
· Individual will be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays during the academic year
· Bachelor's or Master's degree from a CAATE accredited program
· BOC Certification and in good standing
· Licensed or eligible for licensure through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
· Current CPR Certification
· Employment is conditional upon successful completion of background check
MIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references via email to:
Jess Rooney Gallagher, ATC
Associate Head Athletic Trainer