Full Time Athletic Trainer
Nantucket High School, Nantucket, MA
TITLE: Athletic Trainer
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics / Assistant Athletic Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: August 27, 2021 - June 30, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: The athletic trainer is responsible for developing and administering a comprehensive sports medicine program that includes, but is not limited to: prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, education and counseling of student-athletes, emergency care and related health care administration. The individual in this
position performs a wide variety of duties requiring specific knowledge of the school’s policies and procedures. The position requires the ability to manage day to day operations of the athletic training room, triaging of injuries, and on-field point of care and injury evaluations during practices and games. In addition, must be able to work closely with the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, coaching staff, administrators, parents, student-athlete’s physicians, school physician and school nurse where appropriate. In addition to the above, the candidate will work with the school physician or student-athlete’s physician in managing concussion protocol and return to play procedures as outlined by Massachusetts state concussion law. Responsibilities will include administration of concussion baseline testing via ImPACT (or similar) and all related documentation. The athletic trainer is expected to meet the school’s professional, clinical, technical and communication standards, documentation requirements and to make decisions based on established Massachusetts and NATA guidelines.
1. Bachelor’s degree in athletic training and/or sports medicine
2. Maintain current certification through Board of Certification (NATABOC)
3. Maintain current Massachusetts licensure in athletic training
4. Maintain current certification in First Aid, CPR in accordance to MA state regulations
5. Experience in the prevention and care of athletic injuries
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide athletic training services at practices and home games as directed by the athletic director, some travel may be necessary.
2. Oversee and maintain all sports medicine policies and procedures.
3. Utilizes appropriate, sound and up-to-date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat athletic injuries.
4. Coordinate the daily treatment, evaluations, and rehabilitation of student-athletes.
5. Must communicate effectively with the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director.
6. Work with the Athletic Director to develop and maintain a budget, inventory and end of year order for the sports medicine department.
7. Participate in school offered pre-participation doctors physicals.
8. Maintain accurate records of student-athlete information injuries and treatments.
9. Coordinate and administer all aspects of ImPACT Applications.
10. Act as a liaison between the school physician, school nurses, teachers, guidance department, school administration, athletic department, student-athletes and parents.
11. Provide patient education in the areas of sports injury prevention and care.
12. Contribute knowledge of strength and conditioning programs.
13. Work with the athletic department in the development and execution of emergency policies and procedures regarding school athletics.
14. Participate in professional development activities in order to stay abreast of current trends, policies, and guidelines within the field of sports medicine.
15. Maintain a neat and orderly athletic training facility.
16. Schedule will include evening, weekend and some holiday work.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated twice a year by the Athletic Director & Assistant Athletic Director
JOB BENEFITS: Graduate credit reimbursement, 3 personal days, 15 sick days, EXCELLENT health care (90% coverage), longevity and sick time buy back as outlined in Nantucket's teacher contract
To apply for this position please email resume, cover letter and references to Dr. Elizabeth Hallett, Superintendent